Our 19th year producing FREE Summer Concerts in the neighborhood at Ravenswood Manor Park kicked off to a festive start last Friday, June 14 with The Slate, a band committed to the classic sounds of great rock and roll!
Returning to the Ravenswood Manor Pergola stage after 14 years away, Slate played to an overflowing audience some fabulous classics by the Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Rolling Stones, Santana, and a slew of other 60′s and 70′s jams. The Slate Band welcomed on stage as guest singer that advisory council rocker, Mr. John O’Connell.
Big thanks to State Senate President and neighbor John Cullerton for footing the bill for a great show. HPAC also extends big THANK YOUs to our performers, the guests to our park, and most of all our generous concert series sponsors.
Show sponsorship for the 2013 season:
- Friday, June 14: The Slate Band brought to you by State Senate President (& neighbor) John Cullerton
- Friday, June 28: Jeffrey Foucault brought to you by our Alderman, Richard Mell
- Saturday, June 29: Spectralia Theatre’s “Comedy of Errors” brought to you by HPAC
- Sunday, June 30: Narloch Piano Studio recital and Spectralia Theatre’s “Comedy of Errors” brought to you by HPAC
- Friday, July 12: The Golden Horse Ranch Band calls a fine olde timey square dancing hoedown that’s fun for the whole family! brought to you by Joe Zapora Restoration and Pfaff & Gill
- Friday, July 26: Bailey Dee’s Rockabilly Round-up brought to you by Golden Crust Pizza
- Friday, Aug 9: Funky Hot Grits brought to you by the Ravenswood Manor Improvement Association (RMIA) and Jess Godwin brought to you by Bloom Yoga Studio
- Friday, Aug 23: Talantis & Jans brought to you by The Book Cellar and Mozart Neighbors
- U.S. Mail checks payable to “Horner Park Advisory Council”: HPAC c/o 4530 N. Mozart, Chicago, IL 60625