Horner Park Advisory Council
December 5, 2016
- John O. needs help with ad sales this year.
- John O. is working on the concert schedule and coordinating with John F. on Horner Fest.
We didn’t apply for the Illinois EPA Scale Grant for River Day (as the riverfront along Horner isn’t currently accessible); Jacob Park and Sunken Gardens will do their own River Day activities.
- The bench at Eastwood and Sacramento has been gone for 3 months; when is it going to be replaced?
- Deb has submitted a request to have this fixed
Burning: An announcement was made that burning will be done but has not taken place as far as we know. A planned burn may happen in the next four weeks.
- The 33rd Ward can’t use MENU money to pay for the ash tree treatment in the park (since that’s under Chicago Park District jurisdiction). HPAC has currently paid out $3,000 of the $6,000 cost to treat the ash trees. John F. has reached out to local politicians to try and raise the balance of the funding.
- There was a motion to pay the balance of the tree treatment to the vendor (Kinuken), so they would be reimbursed in a timely manner. Expectation is to repay general funds (if possible) next year. The motion passed unanimously.
Talk of getting a/c and wifi in the Horner Park building; Deb is working to get cost estimates for these projects so we know what to expect.